Leisure Education for Exceptional People enriches lives through inclusive education, recreation, and healthy living opportunities. Our programs are designed to enhance the quality of life for people living with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
LEEP serves individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities over the age of eight years, however the agency’s largest population are adults. There are approximately 850 people in the Greater Mankato Area who participate in LEEP programs throughout the year, many of whom participate on a weekly basis.
· Classes: Offered weekly and focused on learning new skills such as socialization, appropriate behaviors, and independent living skills through recreation.
· Night Activities: Structured activities for all ability levels. Night Activities range from karaoke to bingo to holiday parties and everything in between.
· Special Events: One-time opportunities that provide community integration throughout the state of Minnesota.
· Special Olympics: LEEP provides 10 different sporting opportunities through 17 teams throughout the year, serving over 300 athletes, meeting the needs of beginners to advanced athletes. This is the largest Special Olympics delegation in the state.
· Vacations: Opportunity to travel and explore different cultures, food, entertainment, and unforgettable sights in all-inclusive and personalized vacations.
· Youth Programs: Our Youth Programs are designed for teens to develop lifelong skills and increase independence in daily living through recreation.
|Causes||Advocacy Community Persons with Disabilities Health Sports & Recreation|